How does Digital Cash work?
from sending to spending in four easy steps
Like any other credit/debit card stored on your eWallet. Select the MicroGifts card from your eWallet and tap as normal.
Your card details are stored in the App. Click ‘view my cards’, then click ‘view card details’ and press the circle to turn card over for the CCV number.
Your gift card can be spent at any retailer or online wherever PrePaid MasterCard is accepted.
Purchasing any Digital Cash gift card from the following Retailers:
- Aldi, Big W, Drakes IGA, and others coming soon
Purchasing any Digital Cash gift card online
Or you can top-up via debit or credit card on the MicroGifts app
- Enter the Microgifts App – press ‘view my cards’ – press ‘Top-up your Mastercard’
Log into the MicroGifts app and click ‘view my cards’ to check your available balance and transactions.
Each Digital Cash card you receive will be loaded onto the same MasterCard.
To limit fraud our IT systems limit the number of cards received by one person to 4 cards per day. All promotions limit purchases to a maximum of 4 cards per customer.
The app is required for card activation & loading the funds to the eWallet.
The app also stores your card balance, card details (for use on-line spending) and your purchase transaction history.
You will be asked to download the app and create an account only once.
To Download the App Manually:
Open the app store – Apple App store or Google Play Store -on our mobile phone. Search for ‘MicroGifts’ and click install app.
Once the physical card is scanned & paid at the retailer cash register it will be available for activation.
- Simply open the card packaging to show the QR code.
- On your mobile scan the printed QR code. (with the camera on your phone)
- This will then prompt you to enter your name, & Australian mobile number with a prompt to You can add another person’s mobile number, if required.
- The mobile number will then receive an encoded Digital Cash SMS with a link specific to the mobile number.
- Click on the link – if you haven’t had a Digital Cash gift card previously, it will ask you to download the App from the Apple App store or Google Play store.
- Follow the prompts to download the MicroGifts App.
- On opening the MicroGifts App it will prompt you to create an Account with your details. You will need to verify with the activation code provided at the bottom of the SMS.
- You should now see the card and value in your account. All the card Mastercard details (card #, expiry & CVC code (under the blue button) it is now available to use.
Once you have set-up your app account all subsequent cards are automatically added to your account and wallet (the balance is accumulated on the same Digital Cash card in your wallet).
That way you always have a “live” running’ Balance.
Your card is stored in your eWallet on your phone. Open the ‘wallet’ app & select the Digital Cash card.
Yes, the spend limit is $999 per day.
The MicroGift expiry date is 36 months from activation.
Click on Microgifts App symbol on your phone. You login screen will appear and you will have an option: ‘forgot password’. Click and follow the prompts.
Please note: Your new password must contain
- Alpha-Numeric with 8-12 characters incl.
- one capital letter,
- one number and
- one ‘special character’ (ie. $, %, &, ! etc)
Yes, an Australian mobile number is required to activate a Digital Cash card. Once activated, the card can be spent anywhere Prepaid Mastercard is accepted, worldwide.
How can I use the card, if I am blocked by Apple or Google Pay from adding my card to my mobile wallet due to an age restriction?
You will be able to load the Digital Cash card to the MicroGifts App on your phone. But may be restricted loading payment cards into your Mobile wallets due to an Apple or Google Pay age restriction.
If you have already loaded your card into the MicroGifts App the balance is available for you to use as follows:
- On-line purchases: enter the card number, expiry date, & CVC.
- Manual entry at the retailers point of sale: enter the card number, expiry date, & CVC.
- These details are available in the MicroGifts App under ‘view card details
If you wish to check you age profile for your mobile use the guides below:
Apple – check your Apple ID
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You may need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Birthday.
To check you registered age in your Google Account
- Go to Settings
- Google Services
- Manage your Google Account
- Personal Info
No, you cannot withdraw cash from an ATM.
Most retailers don’t require a PIN for transactions under $200. However the amount is specific to each retailer
If you do require a PIN for future transactions:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details including your first & last name, email address, mobile number & date of birth.
We will then verify your identity in our system, and we will send you a link, providing you with access to set up your PIN.
This may take 24 business hours
If you receive an electronic version you will be sent an encrypted link :
- Click on the Link.
- This will then prompt you to enter your name, & Australian mobile number with a prompt to send.
- That mobile number will then receive an encoded SMS for DigitalCash with a link specific to your mobile number.
- Click on the link – if you haven’t had a card previously it will ask you to download the App from the Apple App store or Google Play store. Download the MicroGifts App.
- On opening the MicroGifts App it will prompt you to Create an Account with your details, verified with the activation code at the bottom of the SMS.
- You should now see the card and value in the App with all the card Mastercard details (card #, expiry & CVC code (under the blue button) it is now available to use.
- To load to Apple or Google Wallet simply click load the wallet.
Once you have setup your app account all subsequent cards are automatically added to your account for use with the balance accumulating.
If you load to wallet all subsequent gifts you add to wallet will be added to the same card you previously loaded into your wallet. That way you always have a “live” running’ Balance.